From Banking To Banqueting
Lamlash House (formerly Bank House) was commissioned by Robert Carmichael Mitchell, Newmilns Bank Agent and Glasgow businessman. The house was built between 1889 and 1890 on a piece of land purchased in December 1888 from Miss Martha Brown of Lanfine Estate for £118 19 shillings and 8 pence as an operational private bank and dwelling house.
Today, after more than a decade of restoration, Lamlash House has been sympathetically restored internally and externally by Gordon and Johnathan and much of the original Victorian character has been researched and restored such that the building is once again an imposing monument in the skyline of Newmilns, Ayrshire.
However, Lamlash House got bigger after the acquisition of the former bank on the ground floor of the premises. Over four more additional years of restoration faced Gordon and Johnathan as they set about restoring the heart and fabric back into the Victorian building.
For the first time in over a century, the complete Listed property is back in private ownership and since Spring 2019 it is now a venue for small scale weddings, bespoke events, private dining and corporate functions.