Lamlash House is Now Open
Exciting Times Ahead
Lamlash House (formerly Bank House) was commissioned by Robert Carmichael Mitchell, Newmilns Bank Agent and Glasgow businessman. The house was built between 1889 and 1890 on a piece of land purchased in December 1888 from Miss Martha Brown of Lanfine Estate for £118 19 shillings and 8 pence.
Today, after more than a decade of restoration, Lamlash House has been sympathetically restored internally and externally and much of the original Victorian character has been researched and restored such that the building is once again an imposing monument in the skyline of Newmilns, Ayrshire.
However, Lamlash House got bigger after the acquisition of the former bank on the ground floor of the premises. For the first time in over a century, the complete Listed property is back in private ownership and is now a venue for small scale weddings, bespoke events, private dining and corporate functions.
A formal launch will take place in the spring of 2019.